City Hall is open for in-person services. If you want to plan your visit and reduce your waiting time, please book an appointment.

On this page:

  1. City Hall
  2. Revenue
  3. Marriage licensing
  4. Building
  5. Engineering
  6. Legislated services
  7. Parking
  8. Planning

City Hall

The address of City Hall is:

200 King Street West
Kitchener, ON
N2G 4G7

The building is open during these hours:

  • Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
  • weekends and statutory holidays: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.

City Hall is open for in-person services from Monday to Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5 our main floor City Hall Service Centre. Staff from all City Hall service areas are available to serve you from one central, accessible location.

When you arrive at City Hall, staff will be available to check you in for your appointment or service request or check in at one of our convenient self-serve kiosks.

Multi-language and American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation support is available in person at City Hall.


Appointments are available, but not required to make these payments in person:

  • property taxes
  • utility bills
  • parking tickets

Book an appointment

Payment methods

We accept these payment methods.

  • debit card
  • cash
  • cheque made out to the City of Kitchener

We do not accept payment by credit card.

Other payments

Please call 519-741-2450 or send us an email.

Marriage licensing

City Hall is open for walk-ins to apply for a marriage licence. If you want to plan your visit, you can book an appointment.

Visit our marriage and divorce page to find:

  • what you need to get a marriage licence
  • licence cost
  • licence requirements


You can book an appointment online for any of these building services:

  • deliver plans or reports
  • request surveys or drawings
  • make a payment
  • grading or building complaints
  • apply for a building permit

Book an appointment


You can book an appointment online for any of these engineering services:

  • make a payment
  • deliver plans or reports
  • drainage complaints
  • apply for a permit
  • review site plans or subdivisions

Book an appointment

Legislated services

You can book an appointment online to:

  • apply for a marriage licence
  • apply for or renew a business licence
  • commission documents, including French foreign pension documents (see available list)
  • make a freedom of information (FOI) request
  • apply for or learn about lottery licences

Book an appointment


If you need to pick up a new parking transponder or permit, you can book an appointment online.

Book an appointment


You can book an appointment online for any of these planning services:

  • make a payment
  • pick up or drop off notice signs
  • development application affidavit - commissioner signature
  • consultation for development applications and services

Book an appointment