If you’re dividing an existing property into a condominium, you need to follow this process. Completing a plan of condominium ensures your residents will be safe and that your building will have the servicing it needs.

On this page:

  1. When you need to apply for a plan of condominium
  2. How to apply

When you need to apply for a plan of condominium

If you plan to build any of these types of developments, you need to submit a plan of condominium.

  • standard condominium
  • common-elements condominium
  • condominium conversion

To request a change to a land designation or to one of the Official Plan’s policies, you must submit an Official Plan amendment application.

How to apply for a plan of condominium 

Follow this process to apply for a plan of condominium with the City of Kitchener.

Internet-connected device and printer.
 Download the application form

Download the application form and complete it.

Send the application via email

Send the completed application form and any attachments, including a scan of the cheque, to us via email.

If your application is larger than 10 MB, please contact us to arrange for a file transfer.

 Courier the application to City Hall

The original, signed application form and cheque should be couriered as soon as possible after sending your application by email.

Send applications to:

City of Kitchener 
Manager of Development Review - Planning division
200 King Street West
Kitchener, ON
N2G 4R6