Thousands of people in Kitchener use natural gas to power their appliances and to heat and cool their homes. It's a safe and cost effective fuel source provided by Kitchener Utilities

Did you know natural gas leaks can occur inside or outside your home? Although natural gas leaks are rare, it's important to know what signs to look for in order to keep your family and property safe. 

Natural gas is non-toxic, and leaks can be easily detected from a scent that is added to natural gas. This odour smells like rotten eggs or sulphur.

What should you do if you detect a leak? 

If you suspect, smell or see a natural gas leak:

  • Evacuate immediately
  • Call 911 from outside or a neighbour's home 

For natural gas service inquires or questions call Kitchener Utilities at 519-741-2529 and visit their website.