To help make the development process easier, we require a pre-submission consultation before you start the application process for specific projects.

On this page:

  1. When you need a consultation
  2. Request a consultation

When you need a consultation

You need to attend a pre-submission consultation meeting before you apply for any of these projects:

  • Official Plan amendment
  • zoning bylaw amendment
  • site plan approval
  • plans of subdivision
  • vacant land plan of condominium
  • committee of adjustment (only if requested by applicant or staff)

We also require a pre-submission consultation if you want to change an existing development.

During this meeting, we will identify any studies and reports that you may need to include in your application(s) and discuss other relevant information.

Request a consultation

You need to apply for a pre-submission consultation.

Download the application form

Along with your completed application, you need:

  • digital copy of a key map (PDF) showing the extent and boundaries of the lands affected
  • digital copy of draft concept plan (PDF) to scale in metric, showing the proposed development
  • scanned copies of cheque payments (payable to the City of Kitchener) for applicable fees

When your documents are ready, send your application to staff by email. If your attachments are larger than 10MB, ask for a link to ShareFile in your email.

Send us an email if you need access to ShareFile to upload your application.

As soon as possible after sending us your application virtually, please send the original, signed application form, key map, draft concept plan and cheque(s) to:

Attn: Manager of Development Review
200 King Street West
Kitchener, ON
N2G 4V6