If you own a property within a registered plan of subdivision in Kitchener, and you want to subdivide a lot or a block for the purpose of selling, conveying, leasing or mortgaging, you can ask us to pass a part lot control exemption.

On this page:

  1. Making an application
  2. Apply

Making an application

We will consider part lot control exemptions for residential developments on an existing or dedicated road, including:

  • semi-detached dwellings
  • linear townhouses
  • single detached dwellings within a lot-less block

We will only consider part lot control exemptions for non-residential developments under special circumstances.

We will only recommend a part lot control exemption if no conditions need to be applied to the division of the subject lands.


To apply for a part lot control exemption, download our application form and send it to staff, following the steps below.

Download the application form

Please fill out the application form, then either:

Send us an email if you need access to ShareFile to upload your application.

As soon as possible after sending us your application virtually, please send the original, signed application form and cheque (payable to the City of Kitchener) to:

Attn: Manager of Development Review
200 King Street West
Kitchener, ON
N2G 4V6