Community Bylaws


Living in a clean, safe and vibrant community is important to you. We know - it's important to us too.

That's why bylaws are in place - to help ensure Kitchener remains a place we're all proud to call home. Our city rules enable us to maintain a high standard of safety and respect for our community - and one another.

Our dedicated team of enforcement officers apply these important standards each day by:

  • Providing education
  • Conducting inspections
  • Responding to complaints in a timely manner
  • Issuing warnings
  • Applying penalties, when necessary

Our neighbourhood bylaw guide provides helpful tips and information on many of our bylaws and related issues, such as:

  • Fences
  • Fireworks
  • Parking regulations
  • Property standards
  • Snow events/tag-and-tow

A complete list can be found in our Municipal Code.

Filing a complaint

If you're aware of a situation that may require follow-up by our bylaw enforcement team, let us know by calling our contact centre - available 24 hours a day -- at 519-741-2345. You can also file an online complaint about any of the following issues:

  • Graffiti
  • Park litter
  • Parking
  • Potholes
  • Sidewalk trip hazard (excluding snow-covered sidewalks) 
  • Trail surface

Paying your parking ticket

We offer several convenient methods for you to pay a parking infraction:

  • Deposit box - Our deposit box is located at the Young Street entrance to Kitchener City Hall. Please include your parking ticket and a cheque for the amount of the infraction. Please don't deposit cash.
  • In-person - Revenue cashiers are located on the first floor of City Hall. Cash, cheque and debit are accepted. Or, you can visit our bylaw office at 33 Ontario St. N., Kitchener.
  • Mail - Please send payment to:

City of Kitchener - Revenue division

200 King St. W.

P.O. Box 9058

Kitchener, ON N2G 4G7

  • Online - Include your email address, ticket information and credit-card information. The system will validate your payment and provide a confirmation number. A service fee of $1.50 applies.

 Additional information

Contact Us