If your name is on the voters' list, you should get a Voter Notification Card (VNC) by mail. This card will tell you where and when you can vote. You do not need this to vote, but it may make the process easier.

Check if you're on the voters' list

On this page:

  1. Missing voter notification card
  2. I got a card for someone who doesn’t live at my address
  3. The information on my card is wrong
  4. Voting in Kitchener

Missing voter notification card

If you or someone in your household didn’t get a voter notification card (VNC) in the mail, check to see if you’re/they’re on the voters’ list before August 12. To do this, you’ll need your/their:

  • legal name
  • date of birth
  • address

If you’re on the list, you can confirm your occupancy status, school board support and language rights.

If you’re not on the list, you can fill out an application to amend the voters’ list (EL 15) form at City Hall after September 1, between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. To plan your visit, please book an appointment online.

I got a card for someone who doesn’t live at my address

The voters’ list comes from the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC). We do not have control over the accuracy of this information.

Under section 24 of the Municipal Elections Act, you can add, remove or change your own information on the Voters’ List. You cannot remove others from the list.

Remove yourself from the voters’ list

Call MPAC at 1-866-296-6722 to remove your information from the voters’ list. Their phone lines are available Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

When you call MPAC, please have your 19-digit roll number available. You can find your roll number on your Property Assessment Notice or property tax bill.

How MPAC creates the voters’ list

To create the voters’ list, MPAC uses data from:

  • their property assessment database
  • the Land Registry Office
  • Elections Canada
  • Elections Ontario
  • the Ministry of Government Services

Learn more on MPAC’s website.

The information on my card is wrong

To change your information, visit City Hall (after September 1) or any advance or voting day location and complete an application to amend the voters’ list (EL 15) form. To plan your visit to City Hall, please book an appointment.

Voting in Kitchener

Visit our voting in Kitchener page to find:

  • who can vote
  • when and where to vote
  • how to vote
  • voting by proxy
  • homelessness
  • accessibility
  • voting tips