Zoning bylaw amendment


Decisions around the permitted uses of land and how a property is configured are not made lightly. For this reason, property owners and developers who want to make such changes must apply for a zoning bylaw amendment. Applications can take approximately four to six months to be processed.

If you're interested in applying for a zoning bylaw amendment, you must complete a request for a pre-submission consultation prior to submitting your application to determine if, for example, your proposed change conforms with our Official Plan. If it does, your application will go before city council for consideration.

Please keep in mind, a zoning bylaw amendment is a public process; the community has the right to comment on all proposed zoning bylaw amendments.

Contact Us