Part-lot control


If you own a property within a registered plan of subdivision in Kitchener, and you wish to subdivide a lot or a block for the purpose of selling, conveying, leasing or mortgaging, you may request us to pass a part lot control exemption bylaw.

We will give consideration to this method of land severance only for residential development fronting an existing or dedicated road, including:

  • Semi-detached dwellings
  • Linear townhousing
  • Single detached dwellings within a lot-less block

Only under special circumstances will we consider part lot control exemption for non-residential development.

A part lot control exemption bylaw can only be recommended for approval if no conditions are required to be applied to the division of the subject lands.

A part lot control exemption application is available for download:

Contact Us