Open data license
Using information under this licence means:
- You accept the terms below.
- The information provider grants you a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use the information, including for commercial purposes, subject to the terms below.
You are free to:
- Copy, modify, publish, translate, adapt, distribute or otherwise use the Information in any medium, mode or format for any lawful purpose.
No credit is required where you do any of the above.
- You are not required to provide credit to the information provider when using information under this licence; however, if you choose to do so, please use this text in a suitable location:
Contains information licensed under the Open Government Licence - The Corporation of the City of Kitchener.
This licence does not grant you any right to use:
- Personal information;
- Information or records not accessible under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act;
- Third-party rights the information provider is not authorized to license;
- The names, crests, logos, or other official symbols of the information provider; and
- Information subject to other intellectual property rights, including patents, trade-marks and official marks.
- This licence does not grant you any right to use the information in a way that suggests any official status or that the information provider endorses you or your use of the information.
- The information is licensed "as is," and the information provider excludes all representations, warranties, obligations, and liabilities, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- The information provider is not liable for any errors or omissions in the Information, and will not under any circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or other loss, injury or damage caused by its use or otherwise arising in connection with this licence or the Information, even if specifically advised of the possibility of such loss, injury or damage.
- This licence is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the applicable laws of Canada.
- Legal proceedings related to this licence may only be brought in the courts of Ontario.
In this licence, the terms below have the following meanings:
- "Information" means information resources or records protected by copyright or other information or records that are offered for use under the terms of this licence.
- "Information provider" means the Corporation of The City of Kitchener.
- "Personal information" has the meaning set out in section 2 of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- "Records" has the meaning of "record" as set out in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act .
- "You" means the natural or legal person, or body of persons corporate or incorporate, acquiring rights under this licence.
This is version 1.0 of the Open Government Licence - The Corporation of the City of Kitchener. The information provider may make changes to the terms of this licence from time to time and issue a new version of the licence. Your use of the Information will be governed by the terms of the licence in force as of the date you accessed the information.