Councillor Berry Vrbanovic
In Office: 1994 - present
Berry Vrbanovic's outgoing and personable style has contributed to his election to serve for six consecutive terms of council. Before becoming a city councillor, he worked in the city's clerk's office and the information technology division.
His commitment to working for his constituents has resulted in the fire station at Ottawa Street and River Road, the Grand River-Stanley Park branch of the Kitchener Public Library and the Stanley Park Community Centre. He co-founded the Chicopee Outreach Program (COPS), a unique mentoring program linking at-risk youth with police, fire and community mentors.
Born in Zagreb, Croatia, he understands the challenges of immigrant families and the issues facing the thousands of Canadians making Kitchener their new home. Berry attended St. Jerome's High School and is a graduate of Wilfrid Laurier University with a BA in political science and a diploma in business administration.
He is Deputy Treasurer of United Cities & Local Governments and is President Emeritus (2011-12) of the Federation of Canadian Municipalities.
Current Committee Appointments:
- Chair, Planning and Strategic Initiatives Committee
- Grand River Hospital Board of Trustees
- Kitchener Public Library Board of Directors
- Kitchener Power Corporation Board of Directors
- Chicopee Ski & Summer Resort Board of Directors
- Aeronautical Noise Management Committee
- Grand River Accessibility Advisory Committee
- Animal Designation Appeal Committee - alternate
- Dog Designation Appeal Committee - alternate
Coun. Berry Vrbanovic
C/O Office of the Mayor and Council
Kitchener City Hall
200 King St. W.
Kitchener, ON N2G 4G7
City hall: 519-741-2243
Home office: 519-896-7300